Bookmarks database and Internet robot

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Tue Apr 25 12:47:34 EDT 2000

Hello!

   I am happy to announce the third version of my project

                    BOOKMARKS database and internet robot!

WHAT IS IT
   This is a set of classes, libraries and programs I use to manipulate my
bookmarks.html. I like Netscape Navigator, but I need more features, so I
write these programs for my needs. I need to extend Navigator's "What's new"
feature (Navigator 4 names it "Update bookmarks").

WHAT'S NEW
   Complete rewrite from scratch. Created mechanism for pluggable storage
managers, writers and robots. This opens the possibility to invite more
programmers to work on different plugins. Some people already expressed
interest to use and extend these programs.
   All code had been rewritten in much more object-oriented fashion. I do not
value object orientation by itself, but for this project I found a point of
view where OO helped me to create much better code - simpler, smaller, a bit
faster and much more reusable.

WHERE TO GET
   Master site: http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Python/#bookmarks_db

   Faster mirrors: http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/unix/797/Software/Python/#bookmarks_db
   http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/phd2.1/Software/Python/index.html#bookmarks_db

AUTHOR
   Oleg Broytmann <phd2 at earthling.net>

COPYRIGHT
   Copyright (C) 1997-2000 PhiloSoft Design

LICENSE
   GPL

STATUS
   Parser is Ok.
   Storage managers: pickle, FLAD (Flat ASCII Database).
   Writers: HTML, text, FLAD.
   Robots (URL checkers): simple, forking.

TODO
   More storage managers: shelve, SQL, MetaKit.
   More robots: threading, async.

Oleg.
----
  Oleg Broytmann http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/unix/797/ phd2 at email.com