opening a serial port at a given baudrate. How?

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 4 02:10:40 EDT 2000

I am looking at using python for a simple app to control an embedded system
for testing, the system is controlled via a standard 3 wire serial port,
at 9600baud, 8-N-1. The problem is, I can't seem to find any info on opening
a serial port in python!. (I am using linux for developement, but would
like to be able to use the app on any python system, it is text only, no
gui, at least for now. ) Am I just being dense? I mean there has got to be
info on this out there, so please, flame away if you must, but point me
to where to find it please...

(crouches behind hopefully flame-proof shield... :)

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it