using httpdlib with a proxy server

Lenny Self lenny at squiggie.com
Mon Apr 10 16:43:56 EDT 2000

Ok.  I can use urllib to send a get request through a proxy server.  It will
return the page as well as the headers.  I am not, however, able to pull out
the error code (ie 200,404).  I need these codes as part of my logging .
Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I just not seeing where to pull them
from in the urllib module?

Thanks.

    -- Lenny Self
        lenny at squiggie.com

"Lenny Self" <lenny at squiggie.com> wrote in message
news:ChoI4.844$g54.17363 at news.uswest.net...> I am attempting to write a
small script that sends a list of URLs though a