Why MFC instead of Tkinter -- was Re: Pythonwin?

Robert soundhack at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:29:53 EDT 2000

Fredrik Lundh wrote in message ...
>Robert <soundhack at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> (and I assume) Delphi has similar and probably even easier editors, but
>the
>> fact remains that (to me) wysiwyg editing is better than layout managers.
>
>just like refrigerators are better than car stereos?

since I have the former and not the latter, yes :)

>not all wysiwyg tools restrict you to drawing things on a
>coordinate grid, you know...

yup, I havent seen any (tho i havent been looking too hard) but sure, there
is nothing about layout managers that precludes a graphical tool from
generating code.
If you know of any that are as polished as VC/VB's then I'ld be happy to try
them out.

On a more design issue, how can you guarantee that a UI looks exactly the
way you want to without using coordinates? I have some UIs that require lots
of different sized controls that do not fit a neat NSEW or table/matrix
spatial organization.

Robert