ANN: Rio MP3 player interface

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Sat Apr 8 19:53:51 EDT 2000

I've written a Python interface to the Diamond Rio
MP3 player.  It works on Windows 95, 98, NT and
probably 2000.  The interface only works with the
parallel port versions of the Rio at present, but
will (probably) soon support the USB versions.

ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/jbauer/py_rio_latest.zip

I'll put up some web pages soon.  Any feedback
is welcome.

The code is based on the work of the Snowblind
Alliance: http://www.world.co.uk/sba/rio.htm

If you own a portable MP3 player, you might want
to check them out, if for no other reason than
they appear to be irritating the Diamond droids:

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,17529,00.html

"We're not happy," said Ken Wirt, vice president of
corporate marketing for Diamond Multimedia Systems.

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research