(no subject)

Stephen Coursen talon at coursen.ifu.net
Sat Apr 15 12:55:13 EDT 2000

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 09:35:41 -0700, Pepper-Emporium <jcmllc at earthlink.net>
wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BFA6BD.F6F75FA0
>
>PLEASE HELP:
>
>I'm getting irate e-mails from people on my list indicating that when =
>ever they send a message is bounces back to them instead of me. My list =
>is called "hotlist" and I have about 27,000 members.
>
>I want to REMOVE ALL the members and start with a clean slate.=20
>
>Whenever I try to login to MAILMAN I get the following error message:
>Bug in Mailman version 2.0beta2
>
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy =
>of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what =
>happened. Thanks!=20
>
>Traceback:
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 89, in run_main
>    main()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 68, in main
>    mlist =3D MailList.MailList(listname)
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 69, in __init__
>    self.Load()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 858, in Load
>    self.Lock()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1300, in Lock
>    self.__lock.lock()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 209, in lock
>    os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
>OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there's no space left on the
device (see the error message says so :) ).  Most likey, what every drive
mailman is using is filled up and you need to make some room (or move the
mailman installation to a different drive).

That would be the first thing to address and is probably the root of the
problem.

HTH,
Steve

[the rest snipped]