Starving for an Advanced Python Book

Lee Joramo ljoramo.list at nickads.com
Tue Apr 4 10:36:31 EDT 2000

Besides 'Learning Python', I have the following books:

'Python Essential Reference'; David Beazley; New Riders
An excellent reworking of the online documentation. This is a reference
book with out tutorial, but I have learned much from it. HIGHLY  RECOMMENDED

'Python Annotated Archives'; Martin Brown; Osborne/McGraw Hill
Looking for lots of sample code, this book has it. Following the code of
each program is a detailed explanation of how the code works. I find this
type of book very useful. The authors commentary on the code provides
pointers that is often hard to get by reading code alone.

'Python Pocket Reference'; Mark Lutz; O'Reilly
75 pages, nice quick reference book. Only useful for looking up information
with which you are already generally familiar. If you like the small size,
get it. Otherwise, 'Python Essential Reference' will fill all your
reference needs.

Lee A. Joramo                      ljoramo at nickads.com
The Nickel Want Ads                www.nickads.com
Internet Manager                   970-242-5555