tabular data

poupaerte at my-deja.com poupaerte at my-deja.com
Sun Apr 9 12:02:39 EDT 2000

Hi

> def sortedby(list,*indices):

I didn't know Python worked with pointers, or else what does *indices
mean? The fine manuals do not explain the *var construct ...

>    nlist = map( lambda x,indices=indices:

The expression "indices=indices" seems absolutely strange to me. I
don't have a clue of what it could be doing, except for being true at
all times.

Is there some kind of lengthier tutorial on the lambda construct; it
seems quite an advanced construct not easily to be found elsewhere in
other programming languages, a bit like regexes ...

Greetings
Erik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.