win32all-130 for Python 1.6 available

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Apr 8 22:01:59 EDT 2000

"Adrian Eyre" <adrian at simspon.dyndns.org> wrote in message
news:Q4JH4.605$hh6.22805 at news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...

> 3. I don't suppose it would be possible to make debugged scripts
> run in a separate thread, to stop it blocking the program's event
> loop?

Ive thought about this.  The only problem occurs when the script being
debugged is itself a GUI script.  Then the script is likely to screw
up big time when running under the debugger, as we wont be following
the win32 GUI threading rules.

A better and more general solution would be for Python to grow "remote
debugging" capabilities that would allow out-of-process (even across
machine) debugging.  Pythonwin could then have the ability to debug a
script in a complete new process....

Mark.