Some bugs in Pythonwin b.128

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Apr 3 06:09:18 EDT 2000

"Fredrik Lundh" <effbot at telia.com> wrote in message
news:4cQF4.4791$74.76270 at newsc.telia.net...
> Mark Hammond wrote:
> > > Try changing these settings in your config file:
> > >     Shift-9           = <<paren-open>>
> > >     Shift-0           = <<paren-close>>
> >
> > That is excellent to know.  Does anyone know how I can
determine
> > the keyboard layout?  ie, how can I programatically determine
> > where the paren keys are?
>
> umm.  why should you?  shouldn't you either use
TranslateMessage
> and look for "(" or ")" WM_CHAR events, or use
ToAscii/ToUnicode to
> do the translation "inline"?

Ahhh - of course - thanks!  Pythonwin processes these on
WM_KEYDOWN, so does indeed need this translation.

> (in Tkinter, all you need to do is to bind to <Shift-(> and
<Shift-)>,
> but I supports you're not using that one here :-)

Well, we can't have that, can we :-)  <few hours later> OK - the
next version of Pythonwin will use these exact same binding names
in its .cfg file, and will be processed after the necessary
translation (ie, any builds later than 130 should have this
fixed!)

Thanks,

Mark.