Problem with gzip module

FrancescO francesco.contini at tiscalinet.it
Tue Apr 4 18:05:23 EDT 2000

Hi!
I can't understand how is the right way to use the gzip mudule to perform a
compression of a list of files, that i must read with gunzip or winzip
ecc...

I have read some examples from starship.python.com but...

I must write a cron script to zip log files from a directory, now i used the
zlib module, but for decompress I must use the uncompress method of the
zlib... the program do it very well, but the compressed files must be readed
from winzip from a Winnt on the net...
does anyone explain me, maybe with an example?

Thanks!