Tkinter: centering windows on screen

Kevin Cazabon kcazabon at home.com
Sun Apr 9 16:39:32 EDT 2000

Thanks Fred... It'll work, but that means that I'll actually have to do some
work to get it positioned right!  q:]

I guessed it wouldn't be as easy as widget.place(CENTER).  Oh well...

Is there a Python or Tkinter call to return the screen resolution?  I know I
can probably get it through Win32, but I'd rather make it cross-platform...
I'll do some digging.

Kevin.

news:xR4I4.274$rc9.188784640 at newsb.telia.net...

http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/tkintrobook/x9867-window-geometry-methods