indexed dictionaries?

David Goodger dgoodger at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 10 00:16:26 EDT 2000

on 2000-04-09 22:30, Michal Wallace (sabren) (sabren at manifestation.com)
wrote:
>  I'm looking for a cross between a dictionary and a list,
> such that keys() always returns keys in the order in which they were
> added, and that instance[0] refers to the first key...
> Anyone got something like this?

I have implemented a list/dictionary hybrid in my SGF Parser Library (class
Node in http://gotools.sourceforge.net/sgflib/ ). It doesn't do ordered
keys(), but it does do indexing by integer (note that in this library, no
numeric dictionary keys will ever be used). It may give you a few ideas.

Please send me a copy of your final implementation of indexed dictionaries;
I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

--
David Goodger    dgoodger at bigfoot.com    Open-source projects:
 - The Go Tools Project: http://gotools.sourceforge.net