freeze not working (win)

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Fri Apr 7 10:24:28 EDT 2000

I read the README in c:\python\tools\freeze, and it said to try this as a
starting point for Freeze:

>freeze -p c:\Python hello.py
(Using Python source directory)

[--snipped about 50 lines--]
freezing string ...
freezing tempfile ...
freezing types ...
generating table of frozen modules
C:\Python\win32\win32api.dsp: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the file
specified: 'C:\\Python\\win32\\win32api.dsp'
No definition of module win32api in any specified map file.
Warning: unknown modules remain: win32api

What do I do?  If i had to guess I'd say that the *.dsp is a Visual C++
Project file.
What does Freeze want with the source code to the Win32 extensions? Do I
have to get this file from somewhere? I looked on Mark Hammonds page and my
only option is to grab source from CVS. {Haven't done that before. don't
know how.} What do I do!?

Warren