Python Topics

Stephen R. Figgins fig at oreilly.com
Mon Apr 3 12:39:25 EDT 2000

I am working on setting up a Python Developer's Center for the O'Reilly
Network.  One of my tasks is to select topics to organize existing
resources on the web.   I only want 10 of these, and I want them to be
useful for people looking for particular resources.  Here is what I have
so far:

Topic			Keywords
Systems Programming	Network, Sockets, Signals, Sys Admin
Development Tools	Idle, IDE, Debugging, SWIG
Education		CP4E, Python in the Classroom
User Interfaces		GUI, Tk, GTK, Gnome
Database		XML, ODBC, Python Database
Internet		CGI, ZOPE, Applets
Jpython			Java, Servlets, Applets
Graphic			3D, PyOpenGL
Scientific		Numerical Python, Astronomy, Genetics
Distributed		COM, DCOM, CORBA

What do you think?  Are there resources out there that really don't fit
in any of these?  Are these useful divisions?