Building python on HPUX-10.2

Robert Roy rjroy at takingcontrol.com
Wed Apr 19 18:47:35 EDT 2000

I have built python successfully on several HPUX 10.2 boxes using GCC.

If you are using the basic cc compiler, you might have problems. If
you have the full development version, I don't know. On one machine I
had to install GCC, (hmmm that might have been because of one of the
libraries I was linking now that I think if it.) GNU make is also a
good idea...

Another gotcha is that once compiled, it might fail the fcntl tests.
see
http://x22.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=517003463&CONTEXT=956184259.663814174
for how to fix this