VIM NT +python

Tres Seaver tseaver at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Apr 26 11:00:29 EDT 2000

In article <2B1262E83448D211AE4B00A0C9D61B03011152BA at MSGEURO1>,
Pieter Claerhout  <PClaerhout at CREO.BE> wrote:

>If you download VIM 5.6, unzipped it and ran install.exe, you can
>choose to turn on syntax highlighting. Once you did this, the _vimrc
>file is created with (python) syntax highlighting turned on.

Just to clarify -- this thread is about finding a Vim for Win32 with the
embedded Python interpreter compiled in -- *not* about python syntax
highlighting with Vim.  Mike very generously compiled and made available
for download such an executable, which is a hard thing to do if you don't
have access to M$ VC--.

>Pieter

Now-to-figure-out-how-to-use-ftplib/urllib-from-within-Vim'ly,

Tres.