Pythonwin com question

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Apr 24 22:31:25 EDT 2000

"Sam Schulenburg" <samschul at pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:8e2sfb$r6e$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...

>       ## DoEvents  # Wait for detector to finish, This has no
>                    # equivalent in Pythonwin

Actually, you _may_ need to call pythoncom.PumpWaitingMessages() here (and
it can never really hurt :-)

>          s = 1     # This gives the while loop something to do
>    #### This is where everything falls apart
>    #### theFrame is not the correct datatype
>    dx.GetFrame(1,theFrame)  # Retreive one image
>
> How do I define the correct Varient type in Python?

You shouldnt need to.

Try saying:
    theFrame = dx.GetFrame(1)

[Or try passing None as the second param]

And magically it should all work.  If it doesnt, look into running
"makepy" over your object and try again.  If it still doesnt work, post
the code makepy generated for the GetFrame() method and the specific
traceback you see...

Mark.