Don't understand error message

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 13:22:03 EDT 2000

"Lars Lundstedt" <lars.lundstedt at telia.com> writes:

> I'm halfway through "Learning Python" and I'm stuck on the example on page
> 255.
>
> It goes like this:
>
> import sys, glob, operator
> print sys.argv[1:]
> sys.argv = reduce(operator.add, map(glob.glob, sys.argv))
> print sys.argv[1:]
>
> When called with "python glob.py *.py" on Win98 I'm supposed to get a list
> of all .py files in the current directory but instead I get:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "glob.py", line 1, in ?
>     import sys, glob, operator
>   File "glob.py", line 3, in ?
>     list = reduce(operator.add, map(glob.glob, '*.py'))
> TypeError: call of non-function (type module)
>
> Anyone know why?

"Works here".  Is that *really* your *entire* script?  You haven't
snuck a module called "reduce" in anywhere?

Mind you, I'm on Linux - but that's shouldn't really affect this.

Cheers,
M.

--
  "declare"?  my bogometer indicates that you're really programming
  in some other language and trying  to force Common Lisp into your