Metaclasses?

Robb Shecter shecter at darmstadt.gmd.de
Tue Apr 25 15:40:16 EDT 2000

Hi,

I read an old post about metaclasses (included on the cd-rom with the
book "Mit Python programmieren"), and got very interested, because I
imagine that by making a new metaclass, I could maybe fix the one thing
about Python that annoys me: the obligatory use of "self" in method
declarations and variable access.  (Python's syntax is so clean and neat
in all other areas, I feel like it's a shame that there's excess
verbosity in this one place.)

So - are metaclasses just a random idea, or is there something in the
works?

Thanks,
Robb