New Features in Python 1.6

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Apr 1 22:48:25 EST 2000

[mailed, not posted]
> now posting from Belgium, Tim Peters wrote:
>> What we've seen here is simply Guido *finally* embracing a
>> policy of giving people exactly what they ask for.

[Fredrik Lundh]
> I think things are worse than this -- someone just sent me
> something that looks like a draft press release, announcing
> that O'Reilly had taken over Python development, with Jon
> Orwant as CTO, and Larry Wall as the Python 1.6 release
> manager.
>
> (it wasn't clear if it was intended for public consumption
> at this time, so please don't spread the word around just
> yet.  if I get permission, I'll post more info to the list).

And so on.  You're *almost* right, but I couldn't say so on the list.  Guido
and I have been fighting this behind the scenes for two solid weeks, which
is why we've both been nearly invisible on c.l.py for the duration.  But,
like they say, the show ain't over 'til the python swallows the rat -- can't
say more than that now, but watch c.l.py for Really Big News from Guido
Himself over the next couple of weeks.  Even you'll be surprised <wink>.

worst-part-of-moving-to-belgium-is-learning-to-belch-ly y'rs  - tim