multiple interpreter sessions

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Apr 2 01:18:25 EST 2000

[Helge Hess]
> I would like to have separate Python runtimes in a single server, so
> that they don't affect each other (eg for security and state reasons).

See the description of Py_NewInterpreter() in the "Initialization,
Finalization, and Threads" section of the Python/C API manual.  You can
create sub-interpreters from a C extension this way, but there's no
Python-level interface to this at present.  Haven't used it myself, and,
indeed, have yet to see any use of it.

you-could-be-the-first-on-your-block!-ly y'rs  - tim