threads on Linux freezing?

trossignol at my-deja.com trossignol at my-deja.com
Tue Apr 25 15:50:34 EDT 2000

I've duplicated your results on a couple of dual
PIII servers and a workstation all running glibc
2.1.2 or 2.1.3.  I was able to run the python test
script on a machine running glibc 2.0.7 and the
problem did not show up.  This machine just
continued to print stars.

I'm running Zope (http://zope.org), which is
written in Python, and on occation I've been
getting mysterious lockups.  This only has been
occurring on the machines with the newer version
of glibc.  Could this be related?

Does anyone know how to change the scheduling
policy for python?  In the FAQ previously quoted
it was indicated that SCHED_RR or SCHED_FIFO might
correct this condition.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.