suggestion on an operator

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at ispol.com
Fri Apr 21 09:44:47 EDT 2000

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, John Lehmann wrote:

> Gregory Trubetskoy wrote:
>
> What is wrong with using the period again?
>
> eg.
>
> PythonAuthenHandle mypackage.mymodule.authenticate

With a period I don't know where the module ends and stuff in it begins. I
have to import the module to gain access to what's in it.

For example -

a.b.c.d could be interpreted as package.module.object.function, or
package.subpackage.subsubpackage.function.

If Python allowd me to access string.split without doing "import string"
first, then the period would work, but such is not the case.

David Gooder suggested a space - a space won't work because I would like
to keep the option of allowing multiple handler separated by space, a la
mod_perl.

Grisha