Another question

Bill Scherer scherbi at bam.com
Mon Apr 17 11:54:07 EDT 2000

I just did a little test and found this to be substantially fatser than the
other three:

import random
randint = random.randint

r = []

for i in xrange(1,10000):
    r.append(randint(1,10))

for i in r: print i
#

note that I dropped the second arg to xrange down by 2 orders.  I couldn't
wait for a million to scroll by ;-) , but the technique should scale.

I tested each algorithm 3 times and average the times.  My first attempt
was actually the slowest of the first three at 3.59.  Jeff's first (the
first listed) came in at 3.43, and his second at 3.48.  The above came in
at 2.49, ~44% faster than my first, and ~37% faster than Jeff's 3.43.