How2 use curses for data input

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Sat Apr 22 09:22:35 EDT 2000

Miles Thompson <milesthompson at sprint.ca> wrote:

>I located it on the RH system here in the office at home. The
>target machine is Debian, and I think I can install RPM on it
>so that if need be, I can get the RPM. Debian doesn't seem to
>have a snack package.

I've put the newest sources (the ones that come with RH6.2) at

  <ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/newt-0.50.8.tar.gz>

It looks like the standard untar/configure/make procedure
should work for anybody with python stuff in /usr/lib/python-1.5.
If your python installation is somewhere else, you might want
to modify Makefile.in before doing the "configure".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I FORGOT to do the
                                  at               DISHES!!