COMObject / Zope Question

deepak_marda at my-deja.com deepak_marda at my-deja.com
Sat Apr 29 03:25:02 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have been able to create and connect a COMObject on Zope
with id = excel and dispatch = Excel.Application

How can I use this object to change the cells?
The following code works...
<dtml-in excel().RecentFiles>
<dtml-var Name>
</dtml-in>

How do I access the COMObject (excel) from a python
External Method? I tried to access it as self.excel
(where self is the folder object and it is same for
the external method). However, if I tried to access
self.excel.RecentFiles it raises an exception for invalid
attribute "RecentFiles"

How can I access the methods and properties for the
COM object. An example for modifying a cell value would
be useful...

Thanks,
Deepak

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/