embedding python question

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Apr 3 19:45:04 EDT 2000

"Dave Barrett" <dave at humancode.com> wrote in message
news:38e922ef$0$27307 at wodc7nh7.news.uu.net...

> have to be exact, just close.  How would I go about doing this
with the
> embedded api ?  Is it possible ?  If not, are they any similiar
things I can
> try ?

Python doesnt (yet?) provide anything to make this easier than
most other languages.

So you need to solve this problem without thinking Python.
Imagine you wanted the exact same thing, but the little bits of
code you wanted to call were also written in C.  There are a
number of "solutions", none of which are particularly elegant,
but whatever design come up with will also work with Python.  But
unfrotunately Python doesnt provide anything to make it simpler
than it sounds...

In a nut-shell, what you want is not trivial :-)

Mark.