python-embedded -"Reset?"

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Thu Apr 13 09:49:54 EDT 2000

I have an embedded single process system, where I cannot have "short lived
processes". In fact, I can only have a single process running at all.  So,
one of the odd little things I need to do in this process is have my python
interpreter hard-linked into the program, and then run scripts. The problem
is that after a script completes it leaves a lot of junk around. Suppose I
want to clean that cruft out, or better still, prevent it in the first
place, do I have to do anything more/less than pass in a new local and
global namespace? Ie, is there anything else BESIDES the namespaces that
have to be cleaned up after some Python code executes?