Python tools for PDE and Linear algebra

Travis Oliphant olipt at mayo.edu
Wed Apr 19 22:14:09 EDT 2000

I don't know of wrapped libraries.  However, I have an alpha Sparse matrix
implementation that would be useful for interfacing with such routines.

With this Sparse Matrix implementation,  finite difference tools are
simple to implement (and can be done in Python for the most part).

Finite element routines are a different story. I've used it to make an
Assembly routine for assembling the matrix for an Inhomogeneous Helmholtz
problem.  I would like to continue work in this area as soon as I graduate
(which is taking my attention at the moment). If anybody would like to
discuss this with me, I am at least somewhat aware of what's out there
and what needs to be done.

Thanks

Travis