[ANNOUNCE] Garbage collection for Python

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Sun Apr 16 12:47:58 EDT 2000

Michael Scharf wrote:

> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> >
> > Michael Hudson <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > > It would be, in my opinion, be a really really really good thing; for
> > > one thing it would help in language wars...
> >
> > sorry, but stackless python is the only really really really good
> > thing that hasn't yet been added to the core.  this is just really
> > really good.
>
> And what are the reasons for not adding the really really really good
> stackless python??

Since it is all a bit ahead of time. Actually, I had stolen
Guido's time machine, and I was not allowed to take this
stuff home, but I did. Guilty, should ave known better!
Now I have the hard task to grow enough people to understand
this stuff, and to realize that there is no stackful future
after they saw that it *can* be done.

need-to-go-back-to-the-future-and-kidnap-that-Py3k-Guido
  - ly y'rs - chris