Scripting and Gnome and KDE

Karl EICHWALDER ke at gnu.franken.de
Thu Apr 27 00:38:23 EDT 2000

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> writes:

> Then reality sets in: GNOME uses patched versions of all sorts of
> things such as automake, but this is never clearly documented
> anywhere.

libtool might be an exception.  But normally it's enough to use recent
versions of all involved tools.

> There's a large pile of libraries, and it's not clear which ones are
> needed and which ones are obsolete;

autoconf resp. ./configure is considered to do all needed checks for
you.  If it fails for some reason it's a bug; please, report it.  We'll
try to improve the check and add a note to the README file.

The problem is, it works nicely for the devolopers and package makers
(like me) who are familiar with the progress GNOME makes.

--
work : ke at suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o