AF_INET error

Soundwave maybe at lucky.com
Tue Apr 11 13:39:45 EDT 2000

OK, sorry

here we go

On www.python.org is a HOWTO guide for creating sockets, i'll give an
example from what is said in the guide

This is the first example

import socket
#create an INET, STREAMing socket
s = socket.socket(
    socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
#now connect to the web server on port 80
# - the normal http port
s.connect("www.mcmillan-inc.com", 80)

when I run this code, I get the following output

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON\TOOLS\IDLE\ScriptBinding.py", line 131, in
run_module_event
    execfile(filename, mod.__dict__)
  File "C:/Program Files/Python/socket.py", line 3, in ?
    s = socket.socket(
AttributeError: AF_INET

maybe I look (maybe i even are ?) a bit stupid, but I realy don't know what
it means, or what I am doeing wrong.

Thanx by the way

Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
cHHI4.1202$Za1.20911 at newsc.telia.net...