Teaching the art of programming, in python

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 7 10:09:10 EDT 2000

Juergen A. Erhard <jae at ilk.de> wrote:

>     Bijan> Warren Postma <embed at geocities.com> wrote:
>
>     Bijan> [snip]
> [...]
>     >> Remember the famous 'Smalltalk-80 - The Language and Implementation'
>     >> purple-book?
>     Bijan> [snip]
>
>     Bijan> Pedantic correction: The Language and Implementation version is the
>     Bijan> *blue* book. [...]
>
> Pedantry time: I remember it as
>
>   Smalltalk-80: The Language and it's Implementation
>
> (though I haven't read it... yet)

Pedantry time: I didn't actually refer to the title, though I didn't
correct Warren either :)

It's *still* a great book.

Ah, and I have the reference to the on line Implementation chapters, if
folks want to whet their appetite:
        http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/

A couple of other cool classic papers are there to, including a
description of Smalltalk-76 which will soon have an image running on a
Squeak VM near you!

--
Bijan Parsia
http://monkeyfist.com/