How2 use curses for data input

Gregor Hoffleit gregor at hoffleit.de
Fri Apr 21 17:18:56 EDT 2000

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 08:15:40PM -0300, Miles Thompson wrote:
> I located it on the RH system here in the office at home. The target machine
> is Debian, and I think I can install RPM on it so that if need be, I can get
> the RPM. Debian doesn't seem to have a snack package.

Hmm, I never heard about snack, but Debian potato has a python-newt package,
and this package includes the snack module:

  freefly;23> dlocate -S snack
  python-newt: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/_snackmodule.so
  python-newt: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/snack.py

python-newt was not included in Debian 2.1, though, but, if you're lucky,
you may be able to install the python-newt package from potato (probably
together with the libnewt0 from potato) on a Debian 2.1 system, too.

    Gregor