CGI Help Needed

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Fri Apr 7 10:35:22 EDT 2000

[Paul Gresham, on Fri, 07 Apr 2000]
:: What is the normal and respected method of User authentication on a web
:: site, how should I present a login box when the user is not authenticated
:: already, and how do I maintain a session with an authenticated user, without
:: using cookies, allowing them to continue surfing around the web site ?

Have you looked at Zope (http://www.zope.org)? Zope is essentially a
very complete framework for building web applications, written in
Python.

Zope is a long running process, has a sophisticated
authentication/authorization model, and uses acquisition technology to
manage the sort of thing you're looking for. It also has a SQL Session
product to maintain user state across sessions in a SQL database.