[ANNOUNCE] Garbage collection for Python

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Fri Apr 14 16:05:03 EDT 2000

Michael Hudson <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> To someone who might know: what hope is there for this to go
> into 1.6?

not speaking for Guido here, but I suspect that the accelerated
1.6 schedule means that it's too late.

but I'm pretty confident that this (or something very similar) will
go into 1.7.

> It would be, in my opinion, be a really really really good thing; for
> one thing it would help in language wars...

sorry, but stackless python is the only really really really good
thing that hasn't yet been added to the core.  this is just really
really good.

</F>