ASP web-type stuff

Charley Horse someone at somewhere.com
Tue Apr 18 11:44:03 EDT 2000

[This followup was posted to comp.lang.python and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

Did you make any progress with this project? I'm a total python newbie,
I started a thread called "Using python on the web" yesterday after
realizing that learning python itself isn't enough - that CGI or
something is required in order to use python in a web app. I am more
familiar with the CF/ASP/PHP way of doing things, and know nothing at
all of CGI. I still have no idea how I'd acutally use python to power an
interactive website, any more than I would if I was using BASIC for a
language. So your idea sounds like something I can relate to, and
perhaps other neophytes could too. I wonder what would be lost, if
anything, with this approach. I'm not sure enough of python to even
begin to evaluate this.

And if you have any links up your sleeve that talk about using python to
run interactive site on the web, I'd love to see them. Seems like a very
strange blank spot on the map.

In article <c2LG4.3228$9o.6039280 at news.magma.ca>,
dgreen at kryten.kitenet.net says...