Do I always have to write "self." ?

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at home.com
Sun Apr 30 18:04:07 EDT 2000

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:27:35 GMT, ben at co.and.co wrote:

>Samuel A. Falvo II <kc5tja at garnet.armored.net> wrote:
>
>> I always use Hungarian notation when it makes sense to.  For example, if I
>> have a function in C that accepts a string and an explicit length argument,
>> I would write something like this:
>>
>> 	uint32 WriteData( void *buffer, char *pString, uint32 cbString )
>>
>> This tells me that WriteData() takes as parameters a buffer, a pointer to a
>> string, and the number of bytes in the said string.  I fail to see how this
>> is somehow hard to read.  :)
>
>OK, let's bite :-)
>
>    int WriteData(void *buffer, char *str, int len)
>
>I fail to see how this is somehow hard to read :-)

For me, actually, it's easier to read, since I don't have to wonder
why the int parameter is "cbString".  That "cb" means "count of bytes"
is not intuitively obvious.  "len" or "length" is much easier.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler

I'm sure there isn't a single person alive who hasn't mistaken an
antimetabole for a chiasmus before.
 -- John Flynn