Compiling Python Imaging under LinuxPPC

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Thu Apr 13 06:20:54 EDT 2000

[Posted and mailed]

William,
sorry for answering so late. But I have build PIL on LinuxPPC
(LinuxPPC2000 on a Powerbook Lombarde) without major problems.

I downloaded Imaging-1.0 as tarball and just followed the instructions.
The only thing I had to do was to change the Tcl/Tk support and
library location line in "Setup" to include the position of the X11
libraries. ( I just added "-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11" )

The rest was just out of the book. :)=
I would suggest that you try building it from the Imaging-1.0.tar.gz.

BTW: I got sketch 0.6.5 running fine here.
	Bernhard

In article <20000412144842.06030.00002524 at ng-ch1.aol.com>,
	willadams at aol.com (William F. Adams) writes:
> When I attempt to compile the Sketch .src.rpm, the compilation fails because
> Imaging.h is not where it's supposed to be.
>
> I ddin't see much in the way of documentation with the .src.rpm for PIL, sorry.

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)