Frames in TK

Jonathan Giddy jon at dgs.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 21:13:20 EDT 2000

Shah, Navneet declared:

>Can anyone let me know the code for making frames in TK. I need to have
>two frames in the window with the top frame should cover 65% of the
>window while the remaining 35% should be covered by the second frame.

For that level of control, use the Tk place command.  Alternatively, the Pmw
PanedWidget gives the user more control.

from Tkinter import *

def create_frames(master):
    # relief and borderwidth arguments make frames visible
    frame1 = Frame(master, relief='sunken', borderwidth=2)
    frame2 = Frame(master, relief='sunken', borderwidth=2)

    frame1.place(relx=0, rely=0, relwidth=1, relheight=0.65)
    frame2.place(relx=0, rely=0.65, relwidth=1, relheight=0.35)

    # put something in the frames
    label1 = Label(frame1, text="Hello")
    label1.grid(row=0, column=0)
    label2 = Label(frame2, text="World!")