WinNT and TCL/TK

James "Wez" Weatherall jnw22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 08:31:51 EDT 2000

"Jerome Chan" <eviltofu at rocketmail.com> wrote in message
news:eviltofu-9BCDF3.08165411042000 at news.earthlink.net...
> Have installed Python 1.5.2 on a WinNT Server but it says it can't find
> a TCL lib when I start it up. Do I have to add something?

This is a path-setting bug, as far as I can tell.  Under the My Computer
Properties tab in Windows, change the system's PATH to include the directory
containing the Tcl library (usually c:\program files\tcl\bin).

The other option is to copy the tcl80.dll (?) file from that directory into
the system32 directory.  That way you needn't alter the system PATH but you
will have a rogue file in your system directory!

Hope that helps,

--
James "Wez" Weatherall