Python 2.0

Justin Sheehy dworkin at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Apr 27 12:31:33 EDT 2000

m.faassen at vet.uu.nl (Martijn Faassen) writes:

>       * case insensitivity. foo = Foo() would break
>
>     Opinions on them vary; they may reek a bit like Do-What-I-Mean,
>     but nobody thinks either change would be a disaster.

Yow.  I would personally consider that one a disaster, but my vote
doesn't count for much.  I very much like the idiom of an instance
being a lowercased version of its class name, in some cases.

I guess it depends on one's definition of "distaster"...

There will be plenty of time to argue over this stuff before it
becomes really relevant, in any case.

-Justin