Imaging Library & Numerical Python

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 08:57:33 EDT 2000

Juerg Tschirren:

> Does anybody have experience with getting the Imaging Library and
> Numerical Python working together? What I would like to do is importing
> an imaging with the Imaging Library and then using functions from both
> -- the Imaging Library and Numerical Python -- on this image.

I just recently did some list searches on this.  Past posts indicate that
if you're careful about formats, you can use the tostring() and
fromstring() methods of each library to shuffle data back and forth between
the two extensions.

You can also push the data across one pixel at a time using
getpixel()/putpixel(), but it's very slow.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com