Two questions

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Tue Apr 4 18:35:22 EDT 2000

Bjorn Pettersen wrote:

> > mxODBC works beautifully, but I've never used it to access and access
> > database, only SQL database. Perchance do you know how Windows
> > advertises an Access database to an ODBC driver?
> [snip]

> In the control panel there should be a Odbc 32 control (should be
> installed with ms access).  It has a simple point-and-click interface
> where you have to choose the ms access driver, give the filename for the
> database, and choose a DSN (Data Source Name?).  The DSN is what you use
> to connect with.

I just fired up my trusty VMWare and figured this out. I wasn't thinking
about the driver interface being setup differently for different types
of drivers, but sure enough it was. Every-so-often this Windows stuff
actually surprises me in a positive sense.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                      (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.              fax  (503) 246-3124