Bugs in Python 1.6 alpha 1

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 08:39:50 EDT 2000

nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk (Nick Maclaren) writes:

>     6) test_unicode fails on Hitachi systems -- Writing: '*', expected:
> 'T'.  But only if -v is NOT specified!  Again, I failed to tie it down,
> and it looks like a test harness problem.

That's the way regrtest works; if you specify `-v' all output goes to
stdout, if you specify `-g' it goes into the output directory and if
you specify neither it goes into some internal buffer to be compared
with what's in the output directory.

A bit odd, yes.  I don't know if it's a deliberate behaviour (doubt
it).

Cheers,
Michael

--
well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier
to program in C is that you can't easily express complex  problems