Starship status, April 22

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Sat Apr 22 10:57:33 EDT 2000

More progress:

* User accounts have been recreated.

* Mail service has restored to most users.  Exceptions are:

No address found: tdfunk, stevel, sdm7g, moshez, mclay, bwilk
Forwarded back to starship (no non-starship address): bhoel,
manus, marduk, scharf, sk, tbryan, tommy, xoltar

* The contents of the FTP server have been restored, as have the Web
  pages.

* If you set up an SSH key for your account, you should be able to log
  in again.  IMPORTANT: We are still waiting to hear from the data
  recovery firm about the contents of the old disk.  Don't embark on
  any massive updating of your Web pages, in case we have to restore
  the more recent data.

  Just update any old software releases that will bury you in support
  e-mail, fix any really critical problems

Still to do: Mailman, Zope, Web site config tweaks, passwords for
people who didn't use SSH.

If you can, and if you are a playgoer and a filmgoer, you should be able to
find voices for all the characters in the books you read.
  -- Robertson Davies, _A Voice from the Attic_