Hmm, little Tk question.

Jp Calderone exarkun at flashmail.com
Sun Apr 2 08:55:19 EDT 2000

Falknor wrote:

> Allo peoples :)
>
>     I was wonderin, is it possible to initiate a Tk fully functional Tk window across a socket connection?  Ie they are connected to me through a generic telnet app and have the Tk libs installed and operational.  Mudding is one of my hobbies and I had an idea last night while talkin to a player, got me thinkin bout this.  I believe I've heard someone talk about it on one of the mud mailing lists a good while ago but I can't seem to recall.  Ah well, any input is appreciated. :)

export DISPLAY="my.ip.address:0.0"
./spiffyTkMudClient.py &

This assumes, of course, that they are running an X-server (Generally not
a safe assumption for the average MUD user)

--
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential