[ANNOUNCE] Garbage collection for Python

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 16 15:59:23 EDT 2000

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:

> > I cam across a great quote the other day; I think it was attributed to
> > Alan Perlis, and it was:
> >
> >     Simplicity follows complexity, not the other way round.
>
> Thank you a lot, it was exactly the quote I was trying
> to look up, but I didn't find it again. It is very true.

Actually from

    http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html

we find:

31. Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.

so I got the wording slightly wrong.  The intent's clear though.

now-wait-while-I-add-most-of-those-to-my-sig-file-ly y'rs
Michael

--
  On the other hand,  the following areas are subject to boycott
  in reaction to the rampant impurity of design or execution, as