PyGreSQL errors

Lee Joramo ljoramo.list at nickads.com
Mon Apr 3 18:19:59 EDT 2000

I am trying to get pygresql to work. I have a Cobalt RaQ3 server which runs
a slightly modified version of RedHat. The system came with PostgreSQL
pre-installed. When I import the pygresql's basics.py tutorial at pythons
command line, I follow the instructions to create a connection and get an
error:

>>> cnx = basics.DB('mytest')
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/pg.py", line 34, in __init__
    self.db = apply(connect, args, kw)
pg.error: FATAL 1:  Database mytest does not exist in pg_database

What has gone wrong?

Lee A. Joramo                      ljoramo at nickads.com
The Nickel Want Ads                www.nickads.com
Internet Manager                   970-242-5555

--

Onward and Upward!

Lee A. Joramo }}-----> Cowboy on the Electronic Frontier

lee at joramo.com

Alamar Ranch  -  Palisade  -  Colorado

ThreeRivers|Eagle|UCD|D&D|TNC|DX|Mac|221B|Cannondale|Deutsch